Bird Healthcare Pty Ltd (BHC) respects the privacy of visitors to its websites and is committed to the protection of their personal information. This privacy statement explains data collection and use practices of the birdhealthcare.com & echamber.com.au site (the "Site"). This Website Privacy Statement is in addition to and should be read in conjunction with the terms and conditions which govern the use of this Website.
By accessing and using the Site, you agree and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this Privacy Statement.
Description Of The Information BHC May Collect
1. Personally Identifiable Information
BHC collects personally identifiable information (i.e. information from which you can be identified, such as name, address, telephone number or e-mail address) only when it is asked for and/or you voluntarily submit it to us on this website.
While you do not have to provide this information, a failure to do so may mean that we are unable to provide you with information or services from the Site.
In some instances, the purpose for which this information is collected will be indicated when the information is collected.
As a general policy, and unless indicated otherwise, BHC collects information for one or more of the following purposes (as outlined in the Medicines Australia Privacy Information Sheet):
- Maintaining a record of inquiries (including medical inquiries), complaints and adverse event reports relating to BHC's products and reporting these to relevant regulatory bodies as may be required.
- Sending you material on BHC's activities and products or development in Device advancements which may be of interest to you and tailoring marketing services to suit your needs.
- Administering disease awareness/management programs or other similar programs organised by the company.
- Monitoring and reviewing the company's compliance with relevant regulations and codes of conduct in its dealings with you.
We may use the information to respond to your requests, improve our level of service and the content of our website; provide you with tips, helpful information, product news and updates; notify you of new BHC products and services; seek your views on our products and services; and for our own internal purposes. However, BHC will only use personal information for the purpose for which it was collected or as may otherwise be permitted by law.
In particular BHC will only use or disclose sensitive information about you for the purpose for which it was collected or as may be otherwise permitted by law.
However, BHC may use or disclose other personal information about you to the extent:
- indicated to you at the time of supply of the information to us;
- required to provide you with a service or goods which you have requested;
- required for the ordinary operation of our Website or our business (e.g. to send you information about our goods and services);
- required by compulsion of law;
- expressly permitted under any agreement with you; or
- to lessen a serious threat to a person's health or safety. BHC will not use or disclose any information about you for purposes other than those covered above, without your consent.
2. Non-Personally Identifiable Information
BHC also collects non-personally identifiable information in aggregate form to track data such as the total number of visits to our websites, the number of visitors to each page of our websites, and the domain names of our visitors' internet service providers. We use this information, which remains in aggregate form, to understand how our visitors use our websites so that we may improve them and the services we offer. We may also share this information with other companies within the Bird group and with other third parties. NO PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION IS DISCLOSED IN THIS PROCESS.
Use of IP Addresses
This website uses a technology called "cookies". A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies help provide additional functionality to the Site or help us analyse usage of the Site more accurately. For instance, our server may set a cookie that keeps you from having to enter a password more than once during a visit to the Site. In all cases in which cookies are used, we will not collect personally identifiable information without your explicit permission. The only personally identifiable information BHC collects is the information you voluntarily provide.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web Browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored, if you prefer. Please refer to your Internet Browser's instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of this Site or any other websites that you visit.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
BHC is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. BHC uses a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide to BHC on computer servers with limited access that are located in controlled facilities. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur, we make every commercially reasonable effort to prevent such unfortunate occurrences. You also acknowledge that BHC gives no assurance with regards to personal information being transmitted by you to BHC. BHC will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security or unintended loss or disclosure of information due to the Site being linked to the internet.
You can greatly assist us in keeping your personal information secure by maintaining the confidentiality of any password and accounts we issue to you for access and use of our Website. Please let us know immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your password and account by any other Internet user or any other breach of security. BHC accepts no responsibility for any unauthorised use of any password and/or account.
Sharing Personally Identifiable Information With Third Parties
BHC will not sell or rent personally identifiable information to any third party for any purpose. Sometimes selected third parties are, however, used to provide BHC with support services in connection with its websites and such parties may, from time to time, have access to your personal information to enable them to provide those services to BHC (except if it is sensitive information). Please rest assured that all companies providing such support services are required by BHC to meet the same standards of data protection as BHC and are prohibited from using the information for their own marketing purposes.
In certain special cases, we may disclose your personally identifiable information in the following circumstances:
- when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to you, or otherwise injuring or interfering with BHC's rights, property or operations, other users of this site, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities; or
- when we believe the law requires it, or in response to any demand by law enforcement authorities in connection with a criminal investigation, or civil or administrative authorities in connection with a pending civil case or administrative investigation.
Personal information collected on the Site may be stored and processed in your country of residence or any other country in which BHC or its affiliates, subcontractors or agents maintain facilities, and by using the Site, you consent to any transfer of information outside of your country of residence. BHC will ensure that, if information is transferred outside your country of residence, it will still be treated in accordance with this privacy statement.
Access To Your Personal Information
Links To Other Web Sites
This Site may provide links to other BHC and third party websites as a service to our users. The privacy statement described here does not apply to those sites. Please ensure you check the legal and privacy statement posted on each site you link to before disclosing your personal information on any such site.
We may occasionally update this privacy statement. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect. Your continued use of the Site constitutes your agreement to the privacy statement and any updates.
For general information on protecting your privacy, please visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner's website at www.privacy.gov.au.